The mission of Lakeland Christian School is to educate students in the light of God’s Word to equip them for a lifetime of learning, leadership, service and worship.
Authority of Scripture:
The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inerrant and inspired Word of God. All members of the school community function under this authority and strive to apply the truths of scripture in all relationships and activities for the glory of God and the benefit of all.
LCS is first and foremost a school. Intentional consideration is given to the roles of the school, home, and church to insure that the school gives highest priority to those activities most appropriate for the school’s unique sphere of influence. The intellectual capacities of our students are developed to enable them to think critically and deeply about both the Creator and the creation. The administration and faculty are committed to the development of instructional plans and programs that effectively address the learning needs of all LCS students.
Educating the whole child:
A variety of rigorous, engaging, academic and co-curricular activities are provided to enable students to identify and express the full range of their unique gifts and abilities. Educational decisions are made on the basis of what is best for children. High levels of student participation in the various activities and programs enrich the school experience for everyone.
Importance of corporate and personal worship:
The analogy of the three-legged stool is often used to illustrate the unique roles of the home, the church, and the Christian school in the life of the student and his/her family. The scriptures teach that the Christian life is to be lived in community. Active participation in the local church is an essential component in the life of the Christian family that partners with Lakeland Christian School. In addition to this corporate worship, school personnel and parents are expected to give high priority to the personal spiritual disciplines of prayer and the study of the scriptures.
Shepherding the heart:
The priority in all dealings with students is to apply lovingly the truth of the gospel to the heart. The goal is to encourage the heart of the student to be turned toward the Savior, not merely toward outward conformity. The proper understanding of the character of God and of our standing before Him leads us to a response of worship and service. Preparing the student for the road, rather than the road for the student, is an essential aspect of this shepherding process. This priority helps equip the student to be responsible and resourceful in life.
Since all we have is ultimately from God, we are committed to responsible use of all financial, physical, and human resources.
All teaching is ultimately relational. Therefore personal relationships are a high priority at LCS. The intentional cultivation of relationships that are shaped by the gospel is an essential aspect of maintaining a positive, God-honoring school climate.
Parents and school personnel view one another as valued partners in the shared activity of Christian schooling. Mutual respect, communication, and involvement by all partners are essential for success of the mission.
Professionalism with humility:
Staff members maintain professional credentials and training appropriate for their duties while modeling a posture of the biblical servant-leader in all relationships. Sound judgment and competence are expected at every level of the organization.
We want to be intentional about doing the right things and doing them right.
At Lakeland Christian School, we are committed to preparing our students for the future. But we know that we can’t do it alone, which is why our mission is to work alongside the home and local church in order to develop well-rounded and successful students. LCS has been blessed with a strong network of families and local churches that support our school as we work alongside them to educate their children.
To be a Christian school of influence, characterized by academic excellence and caring community.
We’ve made it our responsibility not just to provide an education, but to provide an excellent education for the students of Lakeland Christian School. As we influence the next generation, we equip young people to have an impact on their culture. And the caring part? That just comes naturally.
Lakeland Christian School Statement of Faith:
Basis: The basis of the School shall be the Word of God as interpreted by the following statement of faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21-22; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 3:16; John 5:39)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Malachi 3:6; John 1: 1-3,14; John 10:30; John 15:26)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:27-35; John 1:1,14, 20; Romans 1:3-6; Romans 3:25; Romans 6:9; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:6; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:1-2; Hebrews 9:14; 1 John 2:2)
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (John 6:44; Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 2:4-9; 1 Peter 3:18; Titus 3:5-7)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 15:26; Galatians 5:16-18; 1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; Romans 8:1-11)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Ecclesiastes 7:14; Romans 14:12; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Hebrews 9: 27; Acts 24:15; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; I Thessalonians 4: 15-18; 2 Timothy 4:11)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (I John 3:16; Galatians 6:10; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 1 John 5:11; 1 Peter 3:8; Ephesians 4:1-6, 13-16)
- We believe that God has established marriage as an exclusive relationship between one man and one woman and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, or otherwise, is immoral and therefore sin. (Gen. 2:24-25, Ex. 20:14, 17, 22:19, Lev. 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16, Matt. 19:4-6, 9, Rom. 1:18-31, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 15-20, 1 Tim. 1:8-11; Jude 7)
- We believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender is immoral and therefore sin. (Gen. 1:27; Deut. 22:5)
- We believe that because God created all human life it is of inestimable worth and to be valued and protected in all its dimensions from conception through natural death. (Ps. 139).
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inerrant and inspired Word of God, and speak with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind. For purposes of this school’s faith, doctrine, educational philosophy, beliefs, core values, policies, practices, and discipline, the Board of Directors has final interpretive authority on the meaning and application of the Bible.
1111 Forest Park Street Lakeland, FL, 33803 /P: 8636882771
©, Lakeland Christian School.