Assistant Athletic Director
Mr. Mark Kirby
Get to know Mr. Kirby
- BA, Cedarville University (1980)
Lakeland Christian SchoolStay up to date with our facebook! Give us a like.
Lakeland Christian SchoolOne of the core values of LCS is the belief that we are partnering with parents in the Christian education of their children. We believe that mutual respect, communication and involvement by all partners is essential for success of our mission.LCS is a school. We believe that being a Christian school and being a top-flight academic institution should not be mutually exclusive. On the contrary, we take the mandate of Colossians 3:23 that calls us to strive to be the best. We provide a variety of rigorous, engaging, academic and co-curricular activities that enable students to identify and express the full range of their unique gifts and abilities.
WHAT LED YOU TO LAKELAND CHRISTIAN SCHOOL?
God had it all worked out. When I graduated from Cedarville College, I was looking for a Christian School that I could teach PE, coach some basketball, and possibly teach Bible. Derek Keenan, the head principal at the time, contacted Cedarville and they gave him my name. He contacted me, we met, and he hired me to teach PE, Bible and coach the JV basketball team.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR LCS JOB?
I love sports and I love kids. I know sports are extremely important in the maturation process of many kids. I love being able to help kids participate in sports and watch them develop and enjoy the sports that they are playing and through sports help them develop Godly character.
WHAT ARE SOME FUN FACTS THAT MOST PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU?
- I spent 6 weeks two consecutive summers while in college working on a Kibbutz in Israel.
- I try to eat sensibly and avoid junk- food but I do love ice cream.
- I love ping-pong and would challenge anyone at LCS to a game.
- I am not very good at golf but enjoy playing with my 94-year-old father who still beats me.
- I enjoy touring Alaska and have been there three times, however, I would not want to live there.