"What classes should I take?" "Does this college offer a program that I want to study?" "How am I going to pay for college?" "When do I need to take the ACT?"
These are just a few of the many questions that high school students will face during their four years of high school at LCS. As our students prepare for college and beyond, they will face many big decisions and daunting tasks. From class scheduling and test registration to scholarship applications and letters of recommendation, the Guidance Office at Lakeland Christian School seeks to help our students through every step of the planning process.
We want every student to succeed, and the goal of the Guidance Office is to help in any way that we can.
The Guidance Office offers the following services:
- Class scheduling
- Individual parent/student college planning conferences (junior and senior years)
- Student college planning groups (freshman and sophomore years)
- Parent meetings for PSAT and EXPLORE tests
- Parent meetings for 8th grade students transitioning to high school
- College/scholarship information and assistance with applications
- Transcript requests
- Letters of recommendation
- Career interest testing (8th grade and junior years)
- Test registration information for SAT, ACT, PSAT, PLAN, EXPLORE and ASVAB
- Counseling for academic and social issues
Guidance Office Staff:
Mrs. Christy Lee, Guidance Counselor
Mrs. Melissa Allen, College and Career Counselor
Mrs. Tina Nagy, Administrative Assistant
Naviance Family Connection
Lakeland Christian School is pleased to introduce Family Connection from Naviance, a web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive web site that students can use to help in making decisions about colleges and careers. Family Connection is a service that we use in the Guidance Office to track and analyze data about our students’ college and career plans. Family Connection will allow you to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, take career interest and personality tests, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Create a four year plan for high school.
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from students who have already applied from our high school.
- Obtain information on scholarships and other programs advertised by the Guidance Office.
- Sign up for college visits – Find out which colleges are visiting our school and sign up to attend those sessions (juniors and seniors only)
- Request and track transcripts
Students create a Naviance account during 8th grade. Parents may create an account as well to view their student’s information. Parents may contact Mrs. Christy Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain registration information.
SAT and ACT Testing Information
The Guidance Department recommends that students start taking the ACT and SAT second semester of their junior year. Please visit the websites below for test date and registration information.
The Guidance Office at Lakeland Christian School produces a monthly guidance newsletter with information on the PSAT/SAT/ACT, college prep seminars, upcoming college visits and more!
- July 28, 2017
- September 8, 2017
- October 5, 2017
- November 2, 2017
- February 9, 2018
- April 6, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- August 4, 2017
- September 22, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- January 12, 2018*
- March 9, 2018
- May 4, 2018
- June 15, 2018
2017-18 SAT Test Dates
- August 26, 2017
- October 7, 2017
- November 4, 2017
- December 2, 2017
- March 10, 2018
- May 5, 2018
- June 2, 2018
2017-18 ACT Test Dates
- September 9, 2017
- October 28, 2017
- December 9, 2017
- February 10, 2018
- April 14, 2018
- June 9, 2018
- July 14, 2018
NCAA 2017-18 Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete
If you are considering playing collegiate sports, please review the following document:
The LCS Guidance Office provides a monthly scholarship newsletter. If you have questions about scholarships, please contact Mrs. Melissa Allen at email@example.com.
Scholarship Bulletin September 2017
Scholarship Bulletin October 2017
Scholarship Bulletin November 2017
Scholarship Bulletin December 2017
Scholarship Bulletin January 2018
Scholarship Bulletin February 2018
Scholarship Bulletin March 2018
Lakeland Christian School hosts college admissions representatives throughout the school year. Juniors, seniors and their parents are welcome to attend these sessions. Watch the announcements and website news for a complete schedule.
Students are permitted two college visits during their junior year and two visits during their senior year. Absences due to college visits are to be kept to a minimum number of days and must be approved by the Guidance Office. College visit days are excused absences and count toward the total number of absences per semester. Students are responsible for all work missed during the college visit. Students must complete and submit the form (found below) to the Guidance Office at least one week prior to the college visit.
1111 Forest Park Street Lakeland, FL, 33803 /P: 8636882771
©, Lakeland Christian School. Crafted by