Polk Science & Engineering Fair Results
Lakeland Christian SchoolStay up to date with our facebook! Give us a like.
Lakeland Christian SchoolOne of the core values of LCS is the belief that we are partnering with parents in the Christian education of their children. We believe that mutual respect, communication and involvement by all partners is essential for success of our mission.LCS is a school. We believe that being a Christian school and being a top-flight academic institution should not be mutually exclusive. On the contrary, we take the mandate of Colossians 3:23 that calls us to strive to be the best. We provide a variety of rigorous, engaging, academic and co-curricular activities that enable students to identify and express the full range of their unique gifts and abilities.
Matthew Croxton, our LCS RISE Program Facilitator for Science Research & Visual Media writes:
“It was an exciting award ceremony last evening; please join Mrs. Canady and myself in celebrating the tremendous accomplishments of the following students from LCS:”
- Sophie Drost & Wynn Vincent: Honorable Mention in Animal Science for their observations of monarch butterfly eggs on milkweed
- Kinley Blough: 3rd place in Plant Science for her work on pollination efficiency in Brassica
- Carolina Miranda & Taylor Logan: 2nd place in Math and Computation for their work on absenteeism rates related to mask wearing
- Evan Stiltner & Nathan Nasello: 2nd place* in Biomedical Science for their project testing PPE mask impact on blocking air currents
- Nicholas Roll & Dylan Tirrell: 1st place* in Animal Science for their study of OE parasites on captive-raised monarch butterflies;
- Best-of-Fair in the Junior division, $100 cash award, and Broadcom MASTERS program finalists
- Connor McLoughlin: 1st place* in the Plant Science category for his microscopy work on the parasitic plant, swamp dodder;
- U.S. Metric Association Certificate
- Noah Peracciny: 1st place* in the Plant Science category for his work on air potato leaf beetle herbivory;
- Ricoh Sustainable Development award
- Best-of-Fair in the Senior division
- International Science and Engineering Fair Finalist
*State Science and Engineering Fair entry: State Science and Engineering Fair is March 30 to April 2, 2021.