Lakeland Christian SchoolStay up to date with our facebook! Give us a like.
Lakeland Christian SchoolOne of the core values of LCS is the belief that we are partnering with parents in the Christian education of their children. We believe that mutual respect, communication and involvement by all partners is essential for success of our mission.LCS is a school. We believe that being a Christian school and being a top-flight academic institution should not be mutually exclusive. On the contrary, we take the mandate of Colossians 3:23 that calls us to strive to be the best. We provide a variety of rigorous, engaging, academic and co-curricular activities that enable students to identify and express the full range of their unique gifts and abilities.
General Description: Responsible for providing school maintenance services as needed or assigned. Assists with a variety of general maintenance activities.
1. Be a born-again believer who demonstrates commitment to Christian education
2. Be in agreement with the Lakeland Christian School Statement of Faith and staff qualifications
3. High School Diploma or equivalent.
4. Be in good physical health.
5. Must be reliable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold and ensure compliance of all LCS policies and procedures
- Assist in the construction, installation, moving of and maintenance of roofs, furniture, playground equipment, cabinets, shelving and miscellaneous classroom items.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies required at job site.
- In addition, other duties and projects that may be required as directed by Facilities Manager.
- Use any other skills God may have given you to enhance our maintenance here at LCS.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of proper safety techniques and procedures.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of hand tools.
- Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Must be organized and manage time well.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, reaching and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, balance.
- Frequent standing, walking, use of hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in some temperature extremes.