Lakeland Christian SchoolStay up to date with our facebook! Give us a like.
Lakeland Christian SchoolOne of the core values of LCS is the belief that we are partnering with parents in the Christian education of their children. We believe that mutual respect, communication and involvement by all partners is essential for success of our mission.LCS is a school. We believe that being a Christian school and being a top-flight academic institution should not be mutually exclusive. On the contrary, we take the mandate of Colossians 3:23 that calls us to strive to be the best. We provide a variety of rigorous, engaging, academic and co-curricular activities that enable students to identify and express the full range of their unique gifts and abilities.
Lakeland Christian School Job Description
Middle School Science Teacher
Schedule: 10 Month; Monday-Friday (12 Month pay cycle)
Supervises: Classroom and grade level Student Life activities
Reports To: Director of Upper School Academics
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Description: Lakeland Christian School is seeking a dynamic Middle School Earth Science Teacher to join our middle school faculty committed to “sharpening minds and shepherding hearts.” The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to teaching, leading, and serving 6th graders through the transition from elementary to middle school and possess a passion for cultivating student curiosity in the sciences in the context of a Biblical world and life view. The ideal candidate will actively engage students in relational discipleship through Middle School advisory and student life activities and pursue student flourishing in every school context.
A. The Middle School teacher shall:
- Be a born-again believer and mature follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be an active member of a local, evangelical, church.
- Be a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in the discipline or a related field.
- Have completed a teacher education program, be enrolled in a Master of Teaching or Curriculum and Instruction program, or possess exemplary evaluations demonstrating a high level of instructional competency.
- Possess a valid ACSI or Florida teaching certificate or willingness to work toward certification.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for discipleship and the developmental needs of students.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach utilizing multiple modalities.
- Demonstrate a positive, collaborative attitude.
- Exercise discretion and utmost professionalism in confidential & sensitive student/family matters.
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Christian education.
- Demonstrate a commitment to building a Christ-centered community which values all ethnicities and cultures.
- Agree with the Lakeland Christian School Statement of Faith, Core Values, and staff qualifications
A. Teaching: The teacher has the responsibility to teach the content at grade level(s) assigned by the administration. In implementing that assignment, the teacher is to:
- Provide an engaging, active learning environment designed to cultivate curiosity in the discipline.
- Develop and maintain content proficiency in the courses assigned while understanding the LCS teacher is a champion of learning and a partner with students in that learning.
- Develop and continuously revise a meaningful Biblical framework for course content, instructional methods, and classroom management practices.
- Develop and/or maintain the curriculum map for assigned courses aligned to selected standards and the LCS Graduate Profile.
- Perform all professional responsibilities as detailed by the Faculty Handbook and prescribed by Director of Academics and building level leadership.
- Actively participate in faculty professional development and spiritual cultivation.
- Reflect and foster the LCS Core Value of Christ-Centered Community.
- Teach assigned courses with enthusiasm and a commitment to providing a robust student experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Planning and managing projects; using pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records.
2. Possess specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; conflict resolution; bookkeeping principles, and concepts of management and supervision.
3. Required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; setting priorities;
working as part of a team; working with frequent interruptions; creating a positive school climate for students, staff and community; and adapting to changing work priorities.
1. Requires vision to read small print.
2. Requires the mobility to stand, stoop, reach and bend.
3. Requires mobility of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate small objects.
4. Requires the ability to stand for extended periods.
5. Requires lifting, pushing and/or pulling which does not exceed twenty-five pounds and is an infrequent aspect of the job.
6. Is subject to normal inside and outside environmental conditions for Central Florida.
7. Requires the mental acuity to perform the essential functions of this position