This time last year my blog offered some friendly information about our Registrar, Mrs. Mary Fairchild. However, Mary is only half of the dynamic duo in the Admissions Office. This year, let me introduce you to Mrs. Deanna DeLegge.
The LCS Enrollment Team consists of the Director of Enrollment (that’s me!), the Registrar (that’s Mary) and our Administrative Assistant. Deanna joined the Enrollment Team in the fall of 2012. She is the Administrative Assistant in the Admissions Office, or as Mary and I like to refer to her, “the nice one of the bunch!” If I had to pick three words to describe Deanna it would be welcoming, caring and servant-hearted. She radiates warmth to everyone who walks through the Admissions Office door. And believe me, that door opens and closes almost non-stop this time of year during reenrollment. Her pleasant demeanor and helpful spirit are a tremendous blessing to our families as they navigate the admissions process and become acquainted with the LCS community.
Some of Deanna’s responsibilities include receptionist duties in the Admissions Office, managing our reenrollment process, greeting families arriving for admission interviews and assisting the Registrar in processing new applications, distributing admissions information to open house guests, overseeing our substitute teacher process and providing administrative support to the Director of Special Programs. She is a busy lady!
That is the professional Deanna. Here are a few facts about Deanna the wife, mom and friend:
- She was born in . . . Lakeland, Florida.
- Her favorite vacation spot is . . . the beach.
- If she could meet any famous person it would be . . . Bobby Bowden.
- Her favorite junk food is . . . buffalo chicken dip.
- Her favorite place to shop is . . . Ann Taylor.
- Her favorite author is . . . Francine Rivers.
- Her favorite class in school was . . . math.
- A favorite thing about LCS is . . . Dr. Sligh’s Friday Faculty Memo.
- Her favorite thing about her job is . . . working with the Enrollment Team!!
As you are dropping off your matriculation fee or just passing by the Admissions Office, be sure to greet Deanna with the same warm smile that she extends to us all on a daily basis. Thank you, Deanna, for serving our families and for making the LCS Admissions Office a pleasant and welcoming place to be.
This post was written by Julie Rice, LCS Director of Enrollment. If you are interested in LCS, please feel free to contact her at email@example.com.