Click Here to Watch Speeches from Baccalaureate and Commencement
The mission of Lakeland Christian School is to educate students in the light of God's Word to equip them for a lifetime of learning, leadership, service and worship.
Lakeland Christian School is the oldest and largest private K4-12 school in West Central Florida. Founded in 1954, the recently expanded 27-acre campus is located in the heart of Lakeland. The more than 1,000 students enjoy $23 Million of sparkling new facilities, along with the latest technology. The hallmarks of the school are strong academics, championship athletics, award-winning fine arts, and a close-knit school-family partnership. However, the primary distinctive of LCS is that classes are taught from a Biblical perspective, emphasizing God's truth as it applies to every aspect of a student's life. More →
WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 20805 [post_author] => 111 [post_date] => 2015-08-27 22:32:44 [post_date_gmt] => 2015-08-28 02:32:44 [post_content] =>[post_title] => New Staff Selfie: Kristen Hitchcock [post_excerpt] => This year, the Viking Views blog will periodically post a "Staff Selfie" blog, introducing you to a member of the faculty or staff. [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => new-staff-selfie-kristen-hitchcock [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2015-08-27 22:32:44 [post_modified_gmt] => 2015-08-28 02:32:44 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://www.lcsonline.org/?p=20805 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw [format_content] => )
- Name: Kristen Hitchcock
- Position at LCS: Associate Director of Advancement
- Family Information: Married to Brett for 13 years and have 3 children at LCS – Hunter in 6th and twins, Hannah and Hailey in 3rd, and we also have Hayden already taking up residence in Heaven.
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World, Plant City (officially Dover if anyone knows where that is).
- Where did you go to college? I started my college career at the University of Florida, and completed my degree at the University of South Florida
- What do you like most so far about LCS? I love the family atmosphere of LCS (especially since I get to be around my children and my amazing friends)
- Favorite snack: My favorite snack is Cinnamon Sugar or Buffalo Style Snyder’s Pretzel Bites.
- Favorite restaurant: Mellow Mushroom – they have the most amazing pretzels there
- Favorite band/music: TobyMac right now, but it changes constantly. I love music and all types.
- Hobbies: I love to run, read, blog, and hangout with friends.
- Favorite Bible verse: I can’t pick a favorite Bible Verse because I love so many, but this one has always spoken to me in a huge way, "For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14 - God wants to use us and He specifically places us in each situation for an important reason and we need to be ready to follow Him.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was really young I wanted to be an actress because I love to speak and perform in front of others, but as I got older I realized how much I loved science and helping people so I thought I would be a neurosurgeon….huge difference. As you can see God has used each of these passions in a different way in my life, through Women’s ministry and Advancement.
- Most interesting thing about yourself: Hmmm….I asked my husband what he thought because I believe I’m very normal, and he said there wasn’t anything normal about me….I guess that’s it.
By: Sandy Johnson New Staff Selfie: Kristen Hitchcock This year, the Viking Views blog will periodically post a "Staff Selfie" blog, introducing you to a member of the faculty or staff.