Lakeland Christian SchoolStay up to date with our facebook! Give us a like.
Lakeland Christian SchoolOne of the core values of LCS is the belief that we are partnering with parents in the Christian education of their children. We believe that mutual respect, communication and involvement by all partners is essential for success of our mission.LCS is a school. We believe that being a Christian school and being a top-flight academic institution should not be mutually exclusive. On the contrary, we take the mandate of Colossians 3:23 that calls us to strive to be the best. We provide a variety of rigorous, engaging, academic and co-curricular activities that enable students to identify and express the full range of their unique gifts and abilities.
The mission of Lakeland Christian School is to educate students in the light of God’s Word to equip them for a lifetime of learning, leadership, service and worship.
To be a Christian school of influence, characterized by academic excellence and caring community.
We’ve made it our responsibility not just to provide an education, but to provide an excellent education for the students of Lakeland Christian School. As we influence the next generation, we equip young people to have an impact on their culture. And the caring part? That just comes naturally.
Wisdom Through Learning
As we seek wisdom, we will:
- Interact with the world in light of God’s Word with intellectual humility, worship, wonder, and awe
- Value exploration and inquiry in our learning
- Develop lifelong learners
- Create opportunities for students to build character and develop resilience
- Develop life and social skills
- Incorporate innovative teaching strategies that promote the 21st century learning skills of collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity
- Connect learning to practical application in life
- Provide teachers who have professional expertise and seek to continually grow in their field
- Develop cultural intelligence
As we cultivate spiritual growth, we seek to:
- Be conformed to the image of Christ
- Understand and apply the Word of God to every area of life
- Leverage moments of conflict, disappointment, or discipline to shepherd the hearts of students
- Provide opportunities for worshipping and praying together
- Foster a heart for service to others
- Make disciples and develop leaders
- Expose students to the full scope of God’s Word
A Christ-centered community will seek to:
- Cultivate a culture of grace and truth that promotes humility and confidence, holding each other accountable in love
- Delight in and celebrate diversity as an expression of the image of God
- Value people in the way God has made them
- Promote learning in community across grade-levels and disciplines
- Maintain school-wide unity
- Serve and care for each other
- Partner with families in the education process and support the mission of the Church
- Protect the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of others
Statement of Faith
Basis: The basis of the School shall be the Word of God as interpreted by the following statement of faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21-22; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 3:16; John 5:39)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Malachi 3:6; John 1: 1-3,14; John 10:30; John 15:26)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:27-35; John 1:1,14, 20; Romans 1:3-6; Romans 3:25; Romans 6:9; Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:6; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:1-2; Hebrews 9:14; 1 John 2:2)
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (John 6:44; Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 2:4-9; 1 Peter 3:18; Titus 3:5-7)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 15:26; Galatians 5:16-18; 1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; Romans 8:1-11)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (2 Corinthians 5:10; Ecclesiastes 7:14; Romans 14:12; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Hebrews 9: 27; Acts 24:15; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; I Thessalonians 4: 15-18; 2 Timothy 4:11)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (I John 3:16; Galatians 6:10; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 1 John 5:11; 1 Peter 3:8; Ephesians 4:1-6, 13-16)
- We believe that God has established marriage as an exclusive relationship between one man and one woman and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, or otherwise, is immoral and therefore sin. (Gen. 2:24-25, Ex. 20:14, 17, 22:19, Lev. 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16, Matt. 19:4-6, 9, Rom. 1:18-31, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 15-20, 1 Tim. 1:8-11; Jude 7); We believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender is immoral and therefore sin. (Gen. 1:27; Deut. 22:5)
- We believe that because God created all human life it is of inestimable worth and to be valued and protected in all its dimensions from conception through natural death. (Ps. 139).
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inerrant and inspired Word of God, and speak with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind. For purposes of this school’s faith, doctrine, educational philosophy, beliefs, core values, policies, practices, and discipline, the Board of Directors has final interpretive authority on the meaning and application of the Bible.