Lakeland Christian SchoolStay up to date with our facebook! Give us a like.
Lakeland Christian SchoolOne of the core values of LCS is the belief that we are partnering with parents in the Christian education of their children. We believe that mutual respect, communication and involvement by all partners is essential for success of our mission.LCS is a school. We believe that being a Christian school and being a top-flight academic institution should not be mutually exclusive. On the contrary, we take the mandate of Colossians 3:23 that calls us to strive to be the best. We provide a variety of rigorous, engaging, academic and co-curricular activities that enable students to identify and express the full range of their unique gifts and abilities.
The Discovery Program
The Lakeland Christian School Discovery Program is an educational program for students with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or a related disorder characterized by similar traits as ASD who require a modified academic setting. The program consists of three classrooms with specific curriculum and daily activities designed for students with a diagnosis of ASD.
Our mission is to provide individualized education with the goal of teaching the whole child in the light of God’s Word. Small group instruction is given based on your child’s individual needs in reading and math. Each child will receive an IEP written by the DP teachers driven by data from nationally normed assessments and personal interactions with the student. An annual meeting will be held to discuss student needs and appropriate goals.
By the second semester of their fifth-grade year, students are assessed to determine the appropriate next step.
About the LCS Discovery Program
- Offered to ages 4-13* (*age appropriateness is based on the discretion of the administration)
- Small Group Instruction
- State Certified Teachers with ESE certification
- Intervention Curriculum
- Academic Focus in the Following Areas:
- Reading, Math, Writing, Social Studies and Science
- Independent Functioning
- Social Skills
- Inclusion Opportunities/Inclusion Paraprofessional Based on Student Needs
- McKay and Gardiner Scholarship Accepted
- Financial Aid Available
- Speech/Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Tutoring Available
- Sensory Room Available Based on Student Needs
Discovery Program Admissions Procedures:
- The inquiring family must provide a current IEP and recent evaluation for review by the Elementary Principal.
- The Elementary Principal will perform a preliminary review of the ESE documentation and will schedule an initial family interview.
- The Admissions Office will schedule testing and shadow time for the student. If the program seems to be appropriate for the student, an enrollment packet will be provided to the parents by the school registrar, Mrs. Mary Fairchild.
- Final interviews will be scheduled. The family is scheduled to meet with the Business Office to discuss the financial obligations of enrollment and tuition assistance programs. If the student is not accepted into the program, parents are notified by letter or by the Program Coordinator when student testing is completed.
If you have questions regarding the Discovery Program, please contact Mrs. Luci O’Byrne, Elementary Principal, by phone at (863) 688-2771 or by email at email@example.com.
Tuition Information (2021-2022)
Tuition payments may be made annually, by semester, quarterly, over 10 months or over 12 months. All monthly tuition payments are made via electronic funds transfer to FACTS Tuition Management. The yearly fee for this service is $15 (if paying by semester) or $45 per family (if paying quarterly, over 10 months or over 12 months). There is no fee if paying annually.
View the different tuition levels here:
2021-2022 School Term
School Hours: 8:05 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Application Fee: $150.00
- Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee: $350.00
- Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee (January 11-February 28): $350.00
- Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee (March 1-April 30): $450.00
- Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee (After April 30): $550.00
- Level 1: $17,500
- Level 2: $19,400
- Level 3: $21,500
- Level 4: $24,000
(Tuition includes two sessions of occupational therapy per week. Two sessions of speech/language therapy services are also provided per week at no charge through a federal grant.)
NOTE: The multi-child discount does not apply to Discovery Program tuition.
The Lakeland Christian School cafeteria offers a variety of meal alternatives that cater to our diverse student population. Cafeteria menus and meal item portions are created to meet the varied levels of student preferences. All menus are reviewed and approved by a registered dietician to ensure menus meet nutrition standards and nutrient composition from a variety of food sources that support optimal nutrition. Students receive three daily meal options ranging from “the classics” (home-style favorites), peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and deli-meat sandwiches. Meal service transactions are processed through a point-of-service register system which allows parents to review and monitor student purchases on a daily basis. Parents are asked to place money in their child’s lunch account and maintain a positive balance at all times. Students may also opt to bring their lunch from home.
Daily meal prices: $4.00 (Discovery 1), $4.50 (Discovery 2)
Overdue Payments and Early Withdrawal
A late fee of one and a half percent per month may be assessed on charges older than thirty days. For payments returned to the school because of insufficient funds, the school will assess a $30.00 service charge. No student may be enrolled in a new semester unless all previous semester payments have been made. If a student is withdrawn during a semester, the full semester’s tuition is due. Student transcripts/records will only be released after the family account has been paid in full.
Lakeland Christian School accepts a number of supplemental scholarship programs. Families may also apply for additional financial aid. For more information, click here.
Contact the LCS Business Office at (863) 688-2771 for more information.