LCS Shield Maidens
Get Connected, Be Known, and Serve…
The LCS Shield Maidens is made up of moms, stepmoms, and grandmothers who meet monthly to connect with each other and help plan events for the school. We start with a time of Bible devotions, discuss and plan upcoming events and do fun activities…all with coffee and a light breakfast! Don’t miss out on an opportunity to get involved and have a blast while getting to know other LCS ladies!
Meeting Dates for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows:
If you have any questions about Shield Maidens give me a call, text or email. (863-529-9867 OR firstname.lastname@example.org)
I’m looking forward to a great year!
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
LCS could not function without volunteers. From the fathers who serve tea at the kindergarten Mother’s Day event to the faithful concession workers who hand out pizza and hot dogs in Viking Stadium to the parents who chaperone field trips to the faithful weekly classroom workers…every single parent and grandparent is a valuable resource to Lakeland Christian.
The list of ways our families serve here is endless. Here are just some examples of what volunteers do on the campus:
- Serve as classroom readers
- Welcome Wednesday tour guides
- Room Moms
- Elementary center helpers
- Golf tournament coordinators
- Concessions workers
- Ticket sale workers at athletic events
- Field trip chaperones
- Auction coordinator
- Grading for teachers
- Decorating bulletin boards
- Helping students with reading
- Hosting AR parties
- Assisting on Grandparent’s Day
- Special event coordination (Jr/Sr Banquet, Homecoming, Back to School Bash, Pre-Grad party, etc.)
- Volunteer assistant coaches
- Odyssey of the Mind coaches
- Lunch monitors
- Guest speakers in the classroom and in chapel
- Spring Art Festival helpers
The faculty, staff and administration of Lakeland Christian School is thankful for each one of the volunteers who choose to give of their time and gifts as we educate children in the light of God’s Word.
If you are looking for ways to get involved, visit the Parent Resource or Support LCS sections of the LCS website, contact your child’s teacher or principal. You can also call the school offices at 863-688-2771.